I am all about quick and wholesome work lunches that can support your body and energy levels throughout the afternoon. Having a nutritionally balanced lunch can also reduce the afternoon slump and sugar cravings.
Here are my favourite options below that require very little cooking and prep time. You can actually prep most of the ingredients the night before and they can all be assembled at work. Enjoy.
Wraps have been all the rage in the JSHealth office as of late. Quick, delicious and so many flavour combinations to try.
Wraps we like: mountain bread wraps, wholemeal Lebanese bread or if you are feeling fancy, you can make and egg wrap!
- Leftover shredded chicken or JS Chicken Schnitzel, avocado, rocket, tomato and a sprinkle of goat’s cheese or feta
- White beans, broccolini and shaved brussels – simply sauté the ingredients in a pan with olive oil and your spice of choice. Add to your wrap with a big dollop of hummus
- Our Mediterranean Wrap (pictured above) – full recipe in the app. We also have a new Creamy Tuna Wrap recipe coming to the app soon – so keep your eyes peeled!
- Tuna Salad
Tinned tuna is an easy and affordable protein source. When purchasing tuna look for varieties in spring water or if tinned in oil, look for brands that use extra virgin olive oil.
Here is a simple base recipe:
- Shredded cos lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Diced avocado
- Grated carrot
Then add a carbohydrate source (e.g. leftover cooked brown rice/quinoa, leftover roasted sweet potato/ pumpkin or some tinned lentils/beans), some flavour filled toppings (e.g. olives, capers, toasted nuts/seeds, hummus, chopped herbs) and finish with a delicious dressing.
You can also find our Chopped Tuna Salad recipe in the JSHealth app.
- Nourish Bowls
While nourish bowls can sometimes look difficult to make, I promise you they truly are so easy. Veggie bowls are the best way to use up leftovers.
Here are some nourish bowl recipes that can be made the night before and packed in a lunchbox or Tupperware:
- JSHealth Mexican Bowl – get the recipe
- Halloumi & Roasted Pumpkin Bowl – get the recipe
- Rainbow Veggie Bowl – get the recipe
- Spiced Chickpea & Sweet Potato Bowl – get the recipe
- You can keep it super simple and enjoy a bowl of boiled eggs, avocado, sautéed greens and leftover baked sweet potato. Too easy!