I’m a firm believer that beauty starts in the kitchen. The relationship between the food we eat and the way we treat our bodies is inevitably reflected in our outward appearance. What we put in is what comes out, and that’s why these tips really makes a difference in how I look and feel.
- Drink more water. Staying hydrated is the easiest and most effective beauty tip, in my opinion. In order to achieve that healthy glow, your goal is to consume about 2 litres of water a day. It’s easier than you think to meet your hydration goals – herbal tea counts, and so do fruits and veggies. That’s right, fresh produce also has a high water content! Think leafy greens, citrus fruits and berries to boost beauty.
- Eat (and drink) more greens. Not only do greens help you hydrate, they also contain so many beautifying vitamins and nutrients that improve you skin, hair and nails.
- Take care of your gut. You skin is a reflection of your gut health. Dark circles aren’t just caused by a late night out – it could actually be a sign of toxic overload from the liver. Reducing gluten, dairy and sugar, as well as minding your stress levels, can make a huge difference not only in how you feel, but in how you glow.
- Cut back on the cocktails. I’m not saying you have to cut them out completely, but reducing your alcohol and caffeine consumption will do wonders for your liver!
- Ditch the makeup. OK, not every day – a girl’s got to have a little fun with it – but the more you give your skin a break the better. You probably know that the skin is our largest organ, so what we put onto it inevitably impacts what’s underneath. Another great DIY beauty trick? Homemade masks! Give my favourite Avocado & Banana Face Mask a try.
- Rest, rest, rest. I cannot emphasize this one enough – it truly is my top health tip! Forget beauty for a moment: a stressed, exhausted body can’t function the way it’s supposed to. It will show in every way, which means that yes – your complexion, hair and even your weight can suffer the consequences. Take time each day to do something you truly enjoy and switch off, even if it’s just for 20 minutes. It’s no trick – that and a solid night’s sleep will boost your beauty faster and more permanently than any expensive product ever could.