7-Minute Caulflower & Carrot Mash/Puree Recipe
There’s nothing more comforting than a steaming bowl of mash. My take on the classic has cauliflower and carrot – bumping up its nutritional value with a heap of essential vitamins – and my favourite spice to create the ultimate winter comfort dish. Enjoy with your protein of choice!
7-minute Cumin, Cauliflower and Carrot Mash
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp boiling water
- Salt, pepper, sesame seeds and chilli flakes
- Steam the cauliflower and carrots over a pot of boiling water for 7-10 minutes, until very soft.
- Add the steamed cauliflower and carrots to your food processor.
- Pulse in short bursts, adding the olive oil, salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
- Pour in the water so the ingredients start to puree/become mash-like.
- Add to a bowl and season with sesame seeds, cumin spice and optional chilli flakes.
- If you don’t have the cookware to steam your veggies, you can add them to a large pot of boiling water and boil them until soft. Then add to the food processor and continue on with the recipe!