As a nutritionist, daily nourishment is my first and foremost focus. I believe in eating three main meals and two snacks each day. This helps to keep your blood sugar levels stable, which helps with energy production and reducing sugar cravings. If you’re strapped for ideas, these are my favourite satiating snacks to see you through your day.
- JSHealth protein balls: When I feel like something sweet, this is my go-to treat. These protein balls are rich in healthy fats and protein, which keep you satiated until dinnertime. Experiment with the recipe by adding nuts of your choice and your favourite nut butter. Find the recipe here.
- Greek yoghurt with protein powder and cinnamon: This is a great option when you’re craving a more substantial snack. Greek yoghurt is rich in probiotics, protein and potassium. When combined with protein powder, it adds an extra dose of protein, plus the cinnamon helps to regulate metabolism and can prevent sugar cravings.
- JSHealth banana, date and walnut muffins: These delicious muffins have the classic flavour profile of banana cake and are filled with fibre, healthy fats and protein from the walnuts, chia seeds and bananas. Find the recipe here.
- Almonds and goji berries: This is a great option for a brain-boosting snack. Goji berries are rich in vitamin C, fibre, iron and zinc, while almonds are a good source of protein, healthy fats and vitamin E.
- Carrot sticks with hummus: I love the crunch that carrots, plus they’re rich in vitamins A, K and C, potassium and folate. Pro tip: peel and chop your carrots ahead of time. Package them in storage containers with a dollop of hummus for a grab-and-go snack.
- Green apple with cinnamon and almond butter: This combines the bite of fresh apple with the creamy, nutty flavour of almond butter. A great source of fibre, healthy fats and immune-boosting sweetness from the cinnamon.
- Cup of berries: Perfect for a fresh, light bite that’s rich in antioxidants. If you can, purchase organic berries.
For more healthy recipe ideas, check out my 8-week Program.