Delicious winter warmer! The perfect starter to a meal. Zucchini is a fabulous source of Vitamin C, which is a powerful antioxidant and also has anti-inflammatory properties.
- 6 large zucchini
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 leeks
- 3 vegetable stock cubes
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes
- 1 tsp. Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Cracked pepper
- Bunch parsley, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot.
- Slice zucchini and leeks, then add to pot.
- Add chilli flakes, cumin salt and pepper and fry until cooked through.
- Add water and stock cubes to cover vegetables and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully add soup to a Vitamix or food processor, or use a hand processor to blend until smooth.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of chopped parsley, crushed walnuts or almond dukka.