One of the 10 principles I explore in the Clean Life is this: Beauty from the inside out. I’ll be sharing details about my own beauty routine, from skincare to makeup to getting luscious locks. After all, who doesn’t want to look as vibrant as they feel? I’m excited to share the secrets I’ve learned!
In the meantime – want a glowing complexion? The key is to cut out the crap – i.e. sugar, alcohol and processed foods – and eat your way through a rainbow of fresh wholefoods. In the case of beauty, you really are what you eat.
I’ll explain more later, but for now…
Eat these foods:
- Low-GI foods: berries, whole grains, beans, legumes, eggs, lean animal protein, fish, nuts and seeds
- High-fibre foods: fruit, vegetables, legumes, oats, flaxseed and psyllium husk
- Good fats: avocados, nuts and seeds, oily fish
- Seafood: loaded in zinc, omega-3 fatty acids and selenium
- Fruits & veggies: full of vitamins, especially A and C
- Nuts: high in zinc, selenium, vitamin E, niacin, omega-3
- Lean meat: great source of protein, niacin, selenium, vitamin E and zinc
And avoid these buggers:
- Sugar: inflammatory
- Dairy: inflammatory
- Alcohol: full of sugar and creates toxic build up
- Trans fats: “bad” fats found in fries, cakes, pizzas, etc.
- Processed foods: toxic to the body
TOP TIP: If it comes out of a packet, don’t eat it!