Delicious wholesome brownies you will fall in love with.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch of celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 5 tbsp. raw cacao powder (1 tbsp. for icing)
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. raw maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup hulled tahini
- few drops of filtered water
- Grind walnuts to a fine crumb in food processor.
- Add the dates, cacao, cinnamon, salt, vanilla and coconut and process until sticky.
- Line a small square dish (can use use a loaf tin) with baking paper. Press mixture in firmly
- To make the icing: Place the coconut oil, honey, tahini and 1 tbsp cacao into processor. Process until a smooth texture. If the mix is too thick add a few drops of water.
- Spread the mix over the brownie in tin with a spatula. Sprinkle more cinnamon.
- Put into the fridge for 30mins to set
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt/coconut ice cream + crushed berries ( I blend frozen berries in food processor).