Who doesn’t love a big bowl of chocolate ice-cream? To re-create this childhood favourite, I came up with this nutritious chocolate and peanut butter smoothie bowl from the JSHealth App. It’s packed with essential fatty acids, protein and fibre to keep your blood sugar levels balanced.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 serving (25g) of chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ frozen banana
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum (optional)
To serve (optional)
- JSHealth Signature Granola
- Handful fresh berries
- cacao nibs
- Place all of the smoothie ingredients into a high-powered blender and blitz until smooth. Pour into a bowl or mason jar and serve with granola, fresh berries and cacao nibs, if using.
Keen for more? Check out this sneak peek of two fresh new recipe exclusives from the JSHealth App:
Coconut & Macadamia Banana Bread
Loaded with healthy fats, this banana bread is sure to leave you satisfied. Enjoy 1 slice per serve, topped with almond butter, tahini or a dollop of Greek yoghurt.
JSHealth Rainbow Bowl
Eating the rainbow is a sure-fire way of ensuring you get a wide range of nutrients and minerals, which are essential in living the healthy life! This bowl has all my favourite things: curry-roasted cauliflower, sesame carrot chips and sautéed greens.