If you missed the first part of my adventure at COMO Shambhala Estate in Bali, it is a must-read to learn more about this stunning retreat. But I had to save the best for last:
As a nutritionist, I am fussy. After a lot of experience, I know when food tastes clean or when it is “looks healthy” but actually isn’t.
This food is the real deal.
Eve, the nutritionist at COMO Shambhala, has really carefully put together every single menu item. They are all so nutritionally balanced. The whole point of healthy eating is to feel GOOD after eating. And you feel so good here. No bloating or lethargy. You feel energized and your skin glows from the goodness.
The food is gourmet, light and tasty – unbelievably tasty, actually.
- The fresh fruit in the morning – wow!
- The nori rolls
- The juices
- The signature raw muesli
- The raw quinoa salad (I loved the raw menu)
- The sautéed kale with ginger and garlic
- The chickpea stuffed mushrooms
What I loved most:
- The staff – so kind and so helpful. They can’t do enough for you. Balinese people are wonderful.
- How I was able to really rest and recharge my body – and how good I feel now
- The food – I was so impressed from a nutritional perspective, but also from a taste perspective. It has been carefully planned to maximize the combination of flavours, and they really compliment one another.
- The spa treatments – Indian head massage and reflexology were the highlights for me.
- The rock pools
- The yoga
- The rooms – WOW!
I found this spot to be more suited for adults than children. I don’t honestly know if kids would be able to appreciate it as much.
A final word of caution:
Fair warning – once you visit, you may want to extend you stay. And you may want to beg you partner to bring you back annually. I cannot imagine a more romantic getaway. It truly is paradise!