You guys know I adore anything with cauliflower so this soup is just an absolute dream for me! Perfect for anyone joining me on the JSHealth cleanse, my recipe has none of the usual soup nasties and instead – uses cashews to make it super creamy and delicious – hello secret ingredient!! Serve with a slice of good-quality sourdough bread or some of my signature gluten-free loaf.
Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Crispy Sage
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1.5 L veggie stock
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed, organic olive oil
- 8 sage leaves
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-heat.
- Add the chopped leek and garlic and cook for 4-6 minutes or until softened.
- Add the cauliflower, cashews, stock and a generous pinch of salt and pepper and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until cauliflower has softened. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Using a stick blender or food processor, blend soup until thick and creamy.
- Heat a smaller frying pan over medium-heat and add 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, carefully dip one sage leaf at a time into the oil until crisp (only 2-3 seconds). Transfer with a fork to paper towels and sprinkle with salt.