You guys know that I am a massive fan of Brussel Sprouts – with their cancer-fighting antioxidant properties, super high Vitamin C levels and liver detoxifying power! Not to mention they taste so good! I love serving these to guests when I host dinner parties or just to snack on throughout the day. This is how you make Brussels like a Boss!
Crispy Brussel Sprouts with a Cumin-Tahini Dipping Sauce
Serves: 4-6 people
- 20 whole Brussels sprouts, cut into halves or quarters
- 3 tbsp virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink rock salt
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes – optional
- 1 tsp cumin
Cumin-Tahini Dipping Sauce
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cumin spice
- 1/4 cup filtered warm water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together Brussel sprouts, coconut oil, salt and cumin spice. Use hands to ensure sprouts are thoroughly coated.
- Spread out on a large baking tray
- To make dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning halfway, until tender and caramelised around edges. Remove the sprouts oven and serve warm or at room temperature, with the dipping sauce.