“It’s time to remember the absolute miracle that you are and to get back in touch with the magnificence of your existence.”
It’s no secret that Dr. Libby Weaver is my mentor and one of my greatest inspirations. If you haven’t “met” this incredible woman – biochemist, holistic nutrition specialist and author – stop what you’re doing this instant and take 19 minutes to watch her TEDx Talk. It will change your life.
“My mission is to educate and inspire people, improving their health and happiness, and through that process, create a ripple effect that transforms the world.”
I have had the honour of working with her personally to sort through and understand some of my own health concerns. Her recommendations have made such an impact on my health and happiness and overall balance. I wanted to share a sample of what I discussed with Dr. Libby to support my immunity, thyroid and digestion. Remember – bio-individuality means that my body’s needs are different from yours. Always consult and discuss your personal needs with your practitioner.
- Immune system support
- Thyroid support
- Digestion support
- Immune: herbs
- Thyroid: herbs and minerals
- Digestion: warming foods, very few cold or raw foods, warm lemon and ginger tea
Food/Dietary Guildelines for Recovery Phase
- Eat mostly warming foods and cooked foods
- Limit raw food and cold (chilled) food
- If you choose to eat raw food, have it as part of a meal with warmer foods
- Use ginger, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, turmeric etc in cooking (considered warming spices in traditional medicines; good for “digestive fire” and eliminating “damp”)
- No soy at all
Restorative practice – eg. legs up the wall for a minimum of 5 mins twice a day essential for pituitary function (to help support thyroid function)
Dr. Libby’s recommendations and support have made a massive impact on my overall health and wellness. Even professionals need to collaborate with other professionals – especially someone with the wisdom and experience of Dr. Libby.