Easy Banana Oat & Cinnamon Pancake Recipe
Mother’s Day just got a whole lot sweeter with these banana pancakes! Perfect for breakfast in bed – they are super easy to whip up (all you need is a bowl and spoon!), use only a few simple ingredients and look absolutely gorgeous topped with fresh fruit or a drizzle of maple syrup! So go on… Treat your Mum – and yourself!
- 1 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Optional toppings: sliced banana, fresh berries, maple syrup, walnuts or shredded coconut.
- In a bowl, whisk the two eggs and add milk, stirring until just combined.
- Mix in the mashed banana.
- Make a well in the centre and add the oat flour, baking powder, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon and combine. Set aside.
- Head a non-stick frying pan over medium-heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Add 2 tbsp of mixture to the pan at a time, cooking each side until golden.
- Once you’ve made your pancake stack, top with fresh fruit, drizzle over maple syrup and enjoy!
Photo by Sarah Frish