Here are some super simple nutrition swaps to help you on your health journey:
- Swap soda’s (diet soda’s) for sparkling water with lemon and herbals teas.
- Swap two/three/four coffees/day with one coffee a day before 10am. Be careful with how much milk you add. I recommend a piccolo coffee. Small amounts of cows milk is preferable or swap to nut milk. Enjoy chai tea , green tea and dandelion root tea as an alternative.
- Swap wheat and gluten to gluten free wholegrain/carbs such as brown rice, quinoa, gluten free oats, sweet potato, pumpkin.
- Swap your sugar, honey and artificial sweetness to stevia and or cinnamon (low calories/low fructose/ and won’t spike blood sugar levels).
- Swap carb heavy dishes at night to veggie based dishes e.g.: potato mash to cauliflower mash or white rice to broccoli/cauliflower rice – enjoy sauteed greens instead too.
- Swap milk chocolate to dark chocolate – 70-85%.
- Swap non organic dairy to organic dairy.
- Swap sugar alcoholic cocktails to red wine or vodka/gin with lemon juice and sparking water.
- Swap non organic meats to organic and grass fed meat.
- Swap candy/junk foods to a nature made candy such as fresh dates with nut butter, berries or a whole food treat.
- Swap all vegetable oils to olive oil and or coconut oil in your cooking.
- Swap packaged foods to whole foods that are fresh and locally sourced where possible.
One last tip, make sure you enjoy a high-quality protein at every meal. It really supports weight loss and keeps sugar cravings at bay! You can find a bunch of easy to follow recipes for weight-loss and overall wellbeing in my Complete Reset Plan. Let me know how you go x