Just as I believe our bodies flourish with optimal nutrition, the same is true for our skin. It makes sense, really – the skin is our largest organ, and what we put into it will be reflected there!
I thrive on whole, real foods that are as unprocessed as possible, and so does my skin. When I’m using simple, all-natural ingredients, my skin thanks me – I glow from the inside out. And while I have a blast creating my own beauty products in my kitchen, the reality is that I don’t always have time to make my own exfoliant or deep moisture masque. Now that I’m in the clinic with clients on a regular basis, I rely on products I can trust to take good care of my skin. I have finally found a product that I truly love and wanting to share with the world.
As I’ve always said, I only share products with you that I use and love. Today, I want to share a few products from Burt’s Bees that utilise some of my favorite kitchen ingredients. #JSHealthforBurtsBees #WorldofBurt
1. LEMON. I sip it in warm water every morning to aid in digestion, but lemon is also believed to add shine to hair and nails. It also balances oil in the skin and with its fresh, citrusy scent, revives and rejuvenates. That’s why I love to keep a jar of Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream on my desk at the clinic.
2. POMEGRANATE. Antioxidants in pomegranate boost our immunity, which is why I love to add the seeds to my morning brekkie – especially chia pudding! Did you realize pomegranates’ antioxidant properties help protect your skin from damaging free radicals too? Burt’s Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil takes good care of my delicate lips. I keep a tube in my bag and in my desk at the clinic to stay soft and smooth.
3. COCONUT. Truly a miracle oil – I use coconut for all high-heat cooking, and it’s my go-to for baking. I love using it on my skin, too, and Burt’s Bees makes it the main ingredient in their Coconut Foot Cream and the Intense Hydration Treatment Mask. When my skin is extra dry, I like to slather it on, slip on a pair of socks, and cozy up with a cup of tea to give my feet an extra treat.
4. ALMONDS. My favorite nut! Whether eaten as a snack, sprinkled on chia pudding, or ground up into nut butter, almonds are tiny nutritional powerhouses. And when the oil is used on the skin, it’s known to soften and recondition. I absolutely love the sweet scent of almond oil used in Burt’s Bees Almond Milk Beeswax Hand Cream. I keep a jar beside my bed to ensure sweet dreams. Truly decadent!
5. HONEY. I love to bake, and one of my favorite challenges is to create treats without the use of processed sweeteners. Honey is the perfect all-natural solution, and it’s equally sweet in skincare. People have been using it for centuries because it softens and provides a mighty dose of vitamins and amino acids. Not surprisingly, Burt’s Bees uses it in some of my favorite products – Milk and Honey Body Lotion, Honey Lip Balm and Honey & Shea Butter Body Butter, to name a few! I keep these on hand when traveling to keep my skin feeling smooth, supple and healthy.
I just came home from work and applied this delicious Burt’s Bees Intense Hydration Treatment Mask. It is the perfect example of feeding your skin with whole foods. It contains coconut oil, sunflower seed wax and citrus fruit peel. My skin is truly glowing.