For me – a place is all about the energy and ambiance. If you are the same – this is a place to put onto your bucket list.
Fivelements, Puri Ahimsa, is a small boutique luxury health spa located on the outskirts of Ubud, Bali along the Ayung River.
This is a truly magical and heartwarming place – delicious in every sense.
There are only 8 luxury suites – so every person staying here has the resort’s full attention. I have found this to be so unique.
It is hard to explain the tranquility and peace you feel being here. There is so much silence – nothing more than the birds chirping and the river flowing.
It brings such inner calm. There is no hustle and bustle here.
I learnt just how restorative silence and solitude can be for your mind, body and soul.
This was the best ‘Jess Time’ I have ever had. I really was able to switch off and disconnect from the business of life – and start writing book two!
I left feeling cleansed, rested and energized.
It is an incredible place to visit if you are interested in the art of food and are willing to be completely plant based for a few days. The food will blow you away – I got a true appreciation for how delicious and gourmet healthy plant based food can be. As a nutritionist and fellow recipe creator – I was completely inspired.
- Romantic and so enchanting.
- A great place to enjoy on your own, with a friend or with a partner (I don’t recommend this spot for children)
- The main pool area is located right along the Ayung River – stunning.
- The day beds are so comfortable – this was a standout feature for me.
- The spa is truly magical!
- The rooms are incredible. My room was located on the river and I had a private spa bath overlooking the running river. I mean, really!?
- The bathroom is totally outdoors – you really have that jungle fever thing going in. But it’s just so peaceful!
- All vegan food – 100% plant based.
- Meals are mostly raw – some cooked, but you should expect primarily raw dishes.
- Truly some of the most delicious food ever!
A few of the standout dishes:
Balinese superfood smoothie with raw cacao, cacao nibs, bananas, coconut milk, cacao nibs, goji berries, bee pollen, and cinnamon. I’d love to create something like it as a new book recipe!
Brain on omega 3 smoothie with banana, coconut milk, cinnamon, chia and walnuts
Raw banana bread with cashew cream and almond butter
Morning muesli, served bircher-style
Hash browns featuring purple sweet potatoes with sautéed mushrooms with cashew chives.
The beetroot risotto, tofu mushroom dumplings and teriyaki eggplant were also standout dishes.
- The spa treatments – Sakt treatment and holistic massage were my favs!
- The water ritual treatment is out of this world – it was truly mind blowing!
- The bath on the river – and the room in general – all stunning.
- Their raw muesli in the morning was such a nourishing way to start the day.
- The pool area has the most comfortable beds to rest on – and I got a lot of reading done too.
This is the place to go for a quite, intimate, personal and unique few days. I would recommend 3 nights here to get the full experience.
It’s a fantastic place to visit with a friend, sister or partner. A stunning location to bond because of the intimate environment.
Thank you for having me, Fivelements!