Does it ever seem like the whole world is going gluten-free? You’re not imagining it – the number of people who are adapting a gluten-free lifestyle is increasing exponentially. And the reason is – most feel better without it! The top benefits I hear from clients include less bloat and gut issues, more energy, and finding fun alternatives to gluten-filled foods that are so much more nutritious.
Experimenting with a diet change to benefit your health is exciting, but it can also be overwhelming. The great thing is there are so many new options (many of them natural, wholefoods) to replace that I guarantee you won’t miss the old!
Love your creamy spaghetti at dinner? Try these instead:
- Zoodles – zucchini noodles. Try my recipe!
- Mung bean pasta
- Black bean pasta
- Brown rice pasta
- Konjac noodles
All can be found at most health food stores or online. I jazz them up with homemade pesto, olive oil and rock salt. So delish.
There’s nothing like morning toast or a hearty slice of bread with warming soup. These options are satisfying and healthy.
- My Signature GF Loaf – available in The Clean Life
- The Life Changing Loaf – available in The Clean Life
- My Vegetable Bread – available here!
- Gluten-free Ezekiel bread
- Brown rice cakes
- A quick breakfast option or topping for yoghurt – all gluten-free AND sugar-free.
- Organic rolled oats (certified gluten-free)
- Buckwheat/quinoa porridge
- Homemade granola – many options here and in The Clean Life
- Chia pudding – lots of delish recipes in The Clean Life
- Brown rice cakes
- Flaxseed crackers – found at most health food stores or follow the recipe in The Clean Life
- Flats – a delicious new veggie cracker I’ve found in Sydney health food stores
- Cauliflower pizza – my must make recipe here
- Open egg omelette style – top with your favourite veggies, rocket and goat cheese
- Gluten-free pizza crust – available at most health food stores
So many condiments and sauces have hidden gluten, like soy sauce and ketchup. Instead, spice up your meals with tamari, olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, Mrs. Dash seasoning, rock salt, Dijon mustard and fresh herbs