One of the key parts of bridal prep – and some would argue that it’s the most important – is to eat clean, drink clean and take care of your digestion for a healthier body.
I advise my patients and the JSHealth community to count nutrients instead of calories.
This simple change in mindset is absolutely huge! It can help improve your relationship with food and change the way you look at the food you eat. These are my top tips to do just that – whether you’re in wedding prep mode or not:
- Start your day with a good protein-rich breakfast – consider eggs and sautéed vegetables, protein smoothie or some protein-rich oats. You can find lots of delish breakfast recipes in my book, The Healthy Life.
- Cut back on any refined carbs – swap to wholegrains, or better yet, go gluten-free for a few weeks and see if you notice a difference.
- Drink more water.
- Add greens and protein to all of your meals.
- Consider cutting back on dairy for a trial period of 4 weeks.
- Avoid anything in a packet – or any diet foods.
- Alcohol – cut way back. Enjoy 1-2 glasses of wine on the weekend, but avoid during the week.
- Practice portion control. Eat small amounts of anything is my philosophy.
- Tune into your appetite. Put your fork down when you are full – you can always have more later.
- Sit down to a balanced plate of food, which includes protein, carbs and fat.
- Give yourself a chance to digest after each meal
- Give up dieting!