Broccoli & Parmesan Cheese Fritter Recipe
When it comes to great-tasting nutritional foods – broccoli is one of my faves. So high in fibre, vitamins, minerals and great for detoxing the system – these fritters are the easiest way to incorporate broccoli into your diet. The trick is to cook them low and slow – patience, although difficult around delicious food, is a must! Serve as an easy dinner side or main – just add some greek yoghurt, a wedge of lemon and some extra parmesan sprinkled on top – yum!
Healthy Broccoli & Parmesan Fritters
Makes: 8 fritters
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 free-range eggs
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp lemon rind
- 1/3 cup parmesan, shaved
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Greek yoghurt and lemon, to serve
- Cut broccoli into florets and steam/boil until tender, but not mushy. Drain the broccoli and set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the cooked broccoli, eggs, almond meal, lemon rind, parmesan, garlic clove and salt to a food processor and pulse until the mixture comes together. Add a little more almond meal if it seems too wet.
- Heat olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over medium-heat.
- Add a heaped tablespoon of the mixture to the pan and shape into a fritter. Repeat until you have 4 fritters cooking at once.
- Turn down the heat – remember, low and slow! Cook the fritters on one side until golden (7-10 mins) then flip carefully and fry for a further 5 mins until cooked through.
- Remove from pan and keep warm. Repeat with remaining fritters.
- Serve with greek yoghurt and fresh lemon.