A busy week calls for quick and easy dinner options. But that doesn’t mean sacrificing your health! Think lean protein and greens, and experiment with herbs and spices for unique flavour options.
My tip? Make extra at dinner so you have plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day! This is truly the easiest way to stay on track during the working day – you’ll be so proud of yourself for planning ahead the night before when you’re trying to get out the door in the morning!
Some of my favourite combinations:
- Grilled herb crusted/Cajun spiced salmon with steamed broccoli and asparagus (drizzle with lemon juice, olive oil and rock salt) + green salad.
- Lemon and herb chicken breast + stir fried kale (in coconut oil and garlic) + spinach and avocado salad.
- Chicken bolognaise- free-range chicken mince sautéed with bottle tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, zucchini, onion and leeks. Serve with zucchini/konjac pasta.
- Grilled snapper + green salad + steamed broccoli (drizzle olive oil, lemon juice and rock salt.
- Feeling lazy? 2 egg omelette filled with fresh herbs, goats cheese, tomatoes, spinach and a side of avocado.
- Lean grass fed beef filled with roasted Cajun spiced cauliflower + green salad + grilled asparagus.
- Moroccan chicken salad with grilled zucchini strips, avocado, spinach and purple onion.
- Asian-style snapper with broccoli mash and/or bok choy stir fried in coconut oil, tamari and fresh ginger.
- Iceberg lettuce cups filled with vegetables and protein of choice. I love to add some homemade guacamole, tahini or hummus too.