Oats! They are a staple in my diet, and for so many reason! Whether in my morning smoothie, a bowl for breakfast, or part of my latest sweet treat recipe – there are several reasons to love oats.
1. Oats are a good source of silica. Silica is known by some as the greatest beauty mineral as it assists healthy connective tissues (think muscles, hair, nails, bone and skin!)
3. Oats are amazing for your skin! Treat your skin to a deliciously cleansing mask. Mix:
- 2 tbsp oats
- 2 tbsp natural yoghurt
- Juice 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar or splash of water
- Combine in a bowl, and leave on skin for 15 minutes
4. Oats contain complex carbohydrates aka the best kind of carbohydrate! Contrary to popular belief, carbs are not the devil! They are actually the body’s chief source of energy. They’re also the easiest macronutrient to absorb, thanks to their ability to quickly convert into glucose for energy. However, to sustain energy, it’s better for our bodies to absorb glucose slowly. That’s why it’s important to go for ‘complex’ rather than ‘simple’ carbs
5. Oats can be so versatile! I love them best for breakfast or dessert. Sweet tooth? Try my Nutella Oats or my Apple Pie Oats! Loving oats for breakfast? Try my Crunchy Peanut Butter and Banana Porridge. Yum!