Inspired by the Kardashians (shameless guilty pleasure!) I decided to recreate their classic salad with a few healthy swaps! This salad brings all the flavour with its tasty Tamari dressing, shredded chicken, crispy cos lettuce and crunchy slivered almonds. Make extra and save it for lunch the next day – in the words of Kimmy K… “I can’t even” (deal with how delicious this is!)
Healthy Kardashian Chinese Chicken Salad
- 2 small organic chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of cos lettuce, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated or julienned
- 1/2 an avocado, cubed
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Spring onions, sesame seeds to garnish
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Handful of sesame seeds
- Small handful spring onions, chopped
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat and melt the olive oil.
- Add the chicken to the pan, sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Shred with two forks when cool.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk with a fork until combined.
- Assemble salad ingredients and pour dressing over.
- For a quick dinner or lunch idea, buy an already roasted, organic chicken from your local supermarket or butcher and shred the meat from the breast for the salad.
- For my vegans and vegetarians – add protein by substituting chickpeas or lentils for the chicken.