Most recipes found at www.jessicasepel.com OR INSTAGRAM:JSHEALTH
START your day with warm water with 1/2 lemon or 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar in warm water- to alkalise, fire up digestion and flush out toxins. Warm water better than hot water because hot water destroys the Vitamin C.
This is very important- 20-diaphragm breathes- to activate the parasympathetic nervous system. This will help you to lower cortisol levels- number one fat storage hormone and start your day on a calm note.
RESTED BODY = A HEALTHY BODY. THIS WORKS!
Remember: you must sit down with each meal. Do not stand up and eat or watch TV whilst eating. Sit calmly with a plate of food in front of you and eat in mindfully. This can have amazing effects on your health and weight.
– – – – BREAKFAST OPTIONS – – – –
(Protein and fat are essential at this time)
Protein and fat are essential at this time to ensure blood sugar stabilization.
- Power Protein Shake: Protein hit with pea/whey/rice protein/1 raw egg + berries, yoghurt, almond milk, spinach, kale, cinnamon, honey/stevia, psyllium husk, flaxseeds, chia seeds etc. Add superfoods of choice. See my blog ( Drinks section) for many smoothie ideas. They are all super healthy!
- 200g Greek style yoghurt/Coconut yoghurt with berries and cinnamon + 1 serving protein powder or LSA mix + almond butter. Sprinkle top with stevia/raw honey. Freeze for homemade froyo.
- 1/3 cup oats/quinoa flake/chia and flaxs (recipe on blog and instagram) porridge (oatmeal) with 1 protein serving such as:
2 tbsp. Greek yoghurt,
1 Tbsp. nut butter- Peanut butter Porridge
2 tbsp. LSA mix
1 serving. Protein powder
1/4 cup nuts and seeds
Directions for Stovetop Oatmeal:
Bring 2 cups water/milk to a boil, add oats reduce heat and simmer until fully cooked then add remaining ingredients and allow to cook for 2-3 mins.
- 2 egg omelet (or 3 egg whites) with lots of greens + 1/4 avo on a gluten free grain such as quinoa, sweet potato, pumpkin or flaxseed crackers or 1x spelt/rye toast (they have less gluten)- better option when eating out.
- Sweet omelet: 2 eggs, tbsp. Greek yoghurt, 1 tbsp. Ground flaxseed, cinnamon, frozen berries, 1/2 banana. Mix well. Fry in coconut oil.
- 1 or 2 boiled/poached eggs with sautéed spinach, onion, zucchini, tomatoes (whatever vegies you prefer), drizzle of lemon + 1/4 avocado with 1x starch e.g.: flaxseed crackers/sweet potato or 1x fruit. E.g. berries. I love to roll my boiled eggs in spices- turmeric, dukka, zatar.
- Ezekial toast (Unprocessed seed toast- The Life Changing Loaf) with 3 tbsp. cottage cheese/ricotta + piece of smoked salmon+ 1/4 avo and sliced tomatoes.
- Sweet cottage cheese: Ezekial toast with 3-4 tbsp. cottage cheese/ricotta mixed with a drizzle honey/stevia and cinnamon.
- Baked Mountain Bread Parcels with cottage cheese, pesto and tomatoes.
- Spinach Bread with 1-2 boiled eggs rolled in spice of choice + side of avocado + sliced tomatoes + fresh rocket
- 1x grain ( gluten-free is best)- with 2 tbsp. peanut butter/almond butter/tahini+ tsp. raw honey+ shake of cinnamon. .
- Pan-fried mushrooms in coconut oil and thyme with goat’s cheese and herbs on toast.
- Zucchini, mint and ricotta fritters.
- Shakshua/Baked eggs (good option when eating out).
- Protein/buckwheat/almond meal pancakes- great weekend option.
- Baked cinnamon sweet potato ( baked in coconut oil and cinnamon in oven) with 1-2 boiled eggs and avocado.
- Chia pudding- chia seeds soaked overnight in milk, water. Add fruits and yoghurt of choice.
- Egg white crepes.
- Homemade sugar- free granola with 2-3 tbsp. Greek yoghurt/coconut yoghurt + sprinkle of chia seeds.
- Smashed avocado with goats cheese and tomato on toast: 1/2 avo smashed with lemon juice, Himalayan salt, missed seeds + sprinkle of goats cheese and sliced tomatoes.
- Sweet egg scramble: 2 eggs, tbsp. ricotta/cottage cheese, tbsp. flaxseeds, stevia/honey, 1/2-mashed banana, and cinnamon. Fried in coconut oil. Sprinkle with nuts and seeds.
- Baked oatmeal: slow cooked oats, cinnamon, berries, banana, coconut butter, nut butter, and almond milk. Mixed together and baked in the oven. Topped with nuts and berries.
- Quinoa egg scramble.
Tip: Make homemade bread (The Life Changing Loaf) and sugar-free granola at the beginning of the week so you have easy access to a healthy option- both recipes found on my blog.
– – – – MID MORNING OPTIONS – – – –
(Good to have a veg juice or fruit at this time-on an empty stomach + protein rich snack)
- Vegie juice- GREEN. Fresh or you can use a vital greens sachet/powder here + 1/4 cup nuts/seeds
- Vegies sticks (cucumber, carrot, celery) with 2 tbsp Humus/cottage cheese.
- 1/4 cup raw nuts/seeds + 1 cup blueberries
- Power Protein smoothie.
- 1 protein ball/bliss ball (SEE JESS’S BLOG FOR RECIPES).
- 2 dates filled with raw almonds or ricotta cheese
- 1 fruit (from list) eg: apple, pear, berries, and nectarine with handful of seeds
- Protein bar- good quality or make your own. I have good recipes for Natural Protein Bars.
– – – – LUNCH OPTIONS – – – –
(Think PROTEIN, STARCH, FAT with your greens)
Dark leafy greens with 1-2 servings protein, 1 unit good fat, 1 unit starchy veg OR gluten free grain OR 1 serving legumes. (See lists).
Tip: Use your leftover dinner- always make more for the next day.
- HEALTHY SALAD BOWL: Protein option- 150-200 grams (palm size) of chicken/fish/VEG protein (lentils, chickpeas, beans)/1 boiled egg with greens (lots of dark leafy greens like spinach) + 1/2 cup sweet potato/pumpkin/ beetroot/quinoa/brown rice+ sprinkle of seeds/avocado.
- Quinoa or brown rice sushi (2 big rolls) with extra edemame+ sashimi –max 2x/week.
- Mountain bread wrap with salad + protein eg: egg/fish.
- Pumpernickel bread/Ezekial bread with smoked salmon and avocado.
- 2 ryevita with cottage cheese or boiled egg + 1/4 avocado.
- 2/3 egg white omelet with vegies + starchy veg eg: sweet potato.
- Lettuce cups with lentils/quinoa/egg/cottage cheese + vegies + 1/4 avocado. (See Jess’s blog for recipe).
Tip: Cook a large batch of Quinoa/Brown rice/Legumes and store in the fridge for the rest of the week (soak before cooking for better digestion and absorption)
Activate a batch of nuts and seeds for the rest of the week- see www.jessicasepel on how to activate nuts and seeds.
– – – – TEA TIME – – – –
(Protein Snack- avoiding starch if weight loss is your goal)
Herbal tea with + Protein is essential at this time to stabilize blood sugar levels until dinner.
- Power Protein Smoothie
- 200g natural Greek yoghurt (organic is best) with stevia and cinnamon (+ 1 tbsp. rice protein powder)– Jess’s Froyo is a good option here.
- 3 tbsp. cottage cheese mixed with cinnamon and stevia.
- Handful of raw nuts/seeds (if none during the day)
- Protein ball (Jess’s blog).
- 1 boiled egg with cut up vegies.
- Cut up vegies eg: celery and carrot with 2 tbsp hummus/cottage cheese.
- Sweet tooth? 3 pieces dark choc/1 apple with 1 tbsp nut butter.
- 2x nori sheets with cut up veggies + 1 tbsp hummus.
- Protein bar.
SUGAR/STARCH IS BEST TO AVOID FROM 3PM IF WEIGHT LOSS IS A GOAL- this means cutting fruit at this time too.
– – – – DINNER – – – –
(PROTEIN, GREENS + OPTIONAL GOOD FAT)
Protein option with greens, lots of greens!
- Grilled chicken/fish/egg or veg protein (see list) with lots of greens and salad.
- Sashimi salad + edemame beans. (max 2x/week due to mercury content)
- Meat patties/chicken breast burgers- wrapped in LETTUCE buns + vegies.
- Lentil/minestrone soup (with beans).
- Lean grass fed beef with roast vegetables
- Quinoa sushi
- Veg stir-fry with protein (using Tamari instead of soy).
- Lettuce cups with lentils/quinoa/egg/cottage cheese + vegies + 1/4 avocado + 1 tbsp. hummus + homemade guacamole. (See Jess’s blog).
- Stir-fried bok choy with chicken breast.
- Baked mushrooms stuffed with ricotta and herbs
- Veg lasagna + protein option (see Jess’s blog for recipe).
- Zucchini pasta with lean beef/chicken/ fish/egg. (See Jess’s blog for recipe).
- Grilled salmon/snapper with cauliflower or broccoli mash.
- Lazy? Have a protein smoothie or omelet or baked eggs.
– – – – AFTER DINNER – – – –
(If in need of something sweet and comforting)
- Herbal tea with stevia/ 1 tsp. raw honey. I love to have roobois chai with almond milk, cinnamon and stevia- it satisfies the cravings!
- 70-85% cocoa hot choc or 3 pieces dark choc (max 2x/week)
- Jess’s Sleepy time Ayurvedic drink (found on blog/instagram feed)
- 200 g Greek yoghurt with stevia and cinnamon – can put in freezer for 20 minutes (homemade froyo).
- 2 fresh dates filled with ricotta cheese or raw nuts
- Hungry? Small portion lean protein such as cottage cheese/1 egg/chicken breast.