I am off to the USA and Mexico for almost 4 weeks next week. Yay! I am going for a family wedding and have also scheduled in meetings with various nutritionists over there. NYC and LA are very inspiring for me health wise. I can’t wait to come home and share my inspiration.
I find the ‘travel’ part of travelling to be quite harsh on my body so I have a few little health gems that I take with me to support my body during travel:
- Lavender oil – to induce calmness and sleep. I dap some lavender oil on my temples throughout the day and on the plane.
- Herbal tea bags – yummy and comforting during travelling. I love chamomile, lemon ginger and liquorice.
- Green powders – packed with nutrients and antioxidants for energy. Such as Vital Greens- a nutrient and enzyme-rich, complete “Superfood” which usually contains 76 nutrients essential to deliver optimal health, energy and vitality to every cell in the body.
- Digestive enzymes – they support and aid digestion of food. Digestion tends to go out of whack during travel.
- Probiotic –When travelling we want to maintain the good bacteria in the gut which can be a challenge when eating and drinking overseas. This will also help with the travel bloat!
- B Vitamins. I take a B complex with me. This helps with stress response, energy and jetlag.
- Vitamin C serum – to keep my skin looking fresh and glowing. This potent antioxidant helps to protect our skin cells and reduce signs of ageing. I use Kiss My Face Vitamin C Serum.
- Protein powder sachets – when I am hungry and need an energy lift during travel, I love to mix a clean protein powder in some water or sometimes I ask the local juice bar to blend it up for me with some berries and ice.
- Eye patch – to enjoy restorative sleep. It is important to be in darkness when trying to sleep to support melatonin production (light destroys production of melatonin). This will help with jetlag too.
- Spirulina tablets – packed with amino acids (65% amino acid profile), nutrients and antioxidants to keep us healthy and full of energy during travel. Also very cleansing (removes toxins from the blood) and protects our bodies from the radiation from the plane. I swallow 3-6 tablets in between meals.
- Healthy Snacks I take with me – Jar of raw nuts, homemade granola, quest protein bar/homemade protein bars, bliss balls, fresh dates, homemade trail mix (seeds, goji berries, raw nuts and dried cranberries), rice cakes with almond butter/avocado. I love to take with a bag of My Wholesome Kitchen’s snack bags.
- Stevia liquid – a non-caloric natural sugar alternative to sweeten my tea/yoghurt during travel.
- A healthy book– I love to take a yummy health book with me to keep me busy and inspired. This time I am taking with me, ‘Wheat Belly’.