Benzyl Alcohol (currently used in “natural/organic” skin care)
- Tests positive on rabbits as a skin irritant
- Tests positive for mutation
- Tests positive for brain, nervous system and behavioral defects
- Known to be neurotoxic to humans
- Restricted use in skincare manufacturing due to known organ toxicity and skin sensitivity
Citrus Seed Extract (commonly used as a “natural” preservative). Known to also contain:
- Benzethonium chloride
- Methyl paraben (endocrine disruption, broad systemic toxicity, skin irritant, nervous system & mutation) and
- Triclosan (causes skin, eye, lung irritation, bioaccumulation). Triclosan is contaminated with CHLOROFORM DIOXINS, which are CARCINOGENIC, cause reproductive and developmental toxicity, allergenic, very bioaccumulative and immunotoxic.
HUGE amounts of CRUEL animal testing have also been conducted in relation to these ingredients.
Use this resources to find out more about the ingredients in your skin products:
Book: The Chemical Maze
Did you know…
Most Aloe Vera Gel or Juice (including ORGANIC) is preserved with huge amounts of synthetics? This is due to high water content and gums to fill it out. This results in a very dilluted form of aloe and the consumer is NOT aware of the content of synthetics.
Reason: The gums and preservatives are “incidental” ingredients and are not required to be declared on the label.
What you see on the label is:
“Aloe Vera Gel/Juice Aloe Vera Leaf Gel, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice” etc (used in many “natural/organic” skincare products).
Did you know that owners of Palm Plantations sit on the board of the Round Table for Sustainable Palm oil? Something to consider when looking at “sustainable” Palm Oil or Glycerine. Check out: www.friendsoftheearth.com
Orangutans are still slaughtered even if the palm is grown as a sustainable crop – i.e on old rubber plantations etc. Glycerine is a BYPRODUCT of palm and is often used in skin care because it is so cheap as a binder/filler. Most commercial Glycerine is sourced from INDONESIA.
I have used Evohe on my skin for almost 2 years now and I love it! It is very hard to find 100% natural and certified organic skin care. Follow this link to purchase your own products.