This week’s inspirational person is…
Tell us a little about who you are, what you do, and how you got here:
I am a truth seeker, inspiration addict, green juice junkie, lover of all things organic and a massive believer that heaven is right here on earth. I choose love over fear in every moment. I choose to have a miracle mindset and believe we create our life moment by moment.
I help women fall in love with themselves, regain their power and to live the life of their dreams. I want to share with you what I have come to discover through my own journey. Over the past five years, I have gone deep into my relationship with myself. I have come to see why we do the things we do. I realized people place a lot of power outside of themselves—myself included. So, bit-by-bit, I have regained my power and have seen the truth. I pealed back the masks I was wearing, let go of the games, and started to live a big, full, authentic life.
What does ‘health’ mean to you?
Health, to me, means looking after yourself. It means making conscious choices that support and nature your body, mind, and soul in a loving way. To be ‘healthy’ you need to balance all three. If one of them is out, there is a blockage and the others cannot flow.
How do you manage to stay so fit and healthy, please share with us your dietary philosophy/secrets:
- I choose to fuel my body with organic food, pastured raised meats, wild caught fish and filtered water.
- I move my body every day with yoga, cross fit or a nice walk in nature.
- I choose to think only pure thoughts that serve me and to let go of the past.
- I love myself unconditional.
What brings balance to your life?
- Getting in touch with nature.
- Time with family and loved ones.
- Taking time out for self-love.
- Cups of tea, journaling and writing poetry in nature.
Your favourite healthy recreational activity?
Right now it’s either yoga, Bondi to Bronte walk followed by a fresh green juice with my best girlfriends, or going to the markets with friends. I am also going to singing, chanting, and meditation circles –which I love.
Who is your greatest health inspiration?
Jess Ainscough (aka The Wellness Warrior). Jess sparked this flame within me to heal my body naturally many years ago. She reminded me that giving half the chance the body can heal from anything. She is my biggest inspiration. I love this girl very dearly and am so proud of her.
Where is your favourite place on earth?
Right here, right now is this very present moment. It’s perfect!
What is your favourite healthy meal/snack?
Mmmm…Tough question! Either kale chips, raw bliss balls, raw cheesecake, green smoothies, fresh green juices, slow cooked lamb with roasted coconut veggies and guacamole dip with veggies sticks…Mmmmm! Now I am salivating.
What is your favourite healthy neighborhood restaurant?
Sean Pamaroma for dinner and Earth Food Store or Health Emporium for breakfast, lunch or a quick snack.
What is next on the cards for you, what are you goals and aspirations?
I am currently writing an e-book and about to release healthTALKS—a new show I have been working on about bringing you easily digestible health and wellness straight into your living room.
Please share with us one of your favourite healthy recipes:
Raw Cacao Fudge Bites
- 2 cups walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soak dates in warm water to soften for 5 minutes. Whilst dates are soaking add walnuts, cacao and salt to food processor and blend until finely ground.
- Add dates and blend until combined. The mixture should resemble cake crumbs but when pressed will easily stick together.
- Place mixture into fun ice cube trays and into the freezer.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour.
Connect with Melissa: