Nothing makes a meal come together like just the right seasoning. I love to spice up my dishes with fun seasonings and creamy sauces – but I typically make my own. They taste much better than any of the bottled crap in supermarkets, and are actually good for your health. These are some of my very favourite options to make a meal extra special. And mix them up – you can combine different ingredients to create unique taste every time.
- Vinegars – Braggs apple cider vinegar, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar
- Cold pressed extra virgin olive oil/cold pressed flaxseed oil (for dressings)
- Tomato paste
- Dijon or wholegrain mustard
- Tamarai sauce (soy sauce alternative – wheat free)
- Umeboshi or miso paste
- Raw sauerkraut or kimchi
- Lemon/lime juice
- Homemade guacamole
- Homemade pesto (find the recipe here)
- Homemade tomato sauce (find the recipe in The Clean Life!)
- Fresh or dried herbs and spices. You have got to start using these! They make your meals so tasty. Some of my favourites include: fresh basil, coriander, sage and mint. Spices I love: I love cinnamon, sumac, curry powder, cajun spice mix, fennel seeds, chilli, cumin.
1-2 Tbsp = serving size