When you’re heading out on a road trip…
Or stuck in an airport…
Or on a long plane ride…
Healthy eating can be a challenge, I know! I travel quite a bit and ensure that I always carry nourishing meals and snacks with me to avoid being trapped and tempted by processed options when hunger hits.
Today, I’m sharing a healthy and delicious menu of travel-friendly foods so that you’ve got great options, even when jet-setting. Mix and match your favourites to create a meal your travel companions will be envious of – especially when they’re stuck with a pack of airline peanuts!
Prep + Pack Meals and Snacks
- Quinoa sushi – it stays fresh on the plane and is easy to eat. Recipe here!
- Homemade vegetable bread – find the recipe here
- Seed crackers – find the recipe here
- Cut up vegetables – carrots, cucumber, celery – with hummus
- Raw nuts + seeds – add some goji berries or dried cranberries to make your own trail mix
- Brown rice cakes with almond butter + cinnamon
- Homemade gluten-free granola – find the recipe here
- Healthy homemade muffins – one of my favourite recipes here
- Kale chips – find the recipe here
Healthy Sweet Treats
- Herbal tea bags
- Green powder sachets
- Coconut water
- Vitamin C powder to add to water
- Fresh lemon, orange slices or mint to make a healthy flavoured vitamin water
- I always, always have a glass or stainless steel water bottle on hand when traveling to avoid dehydration on the flight and when I arrive at my destination