Many of you have contacted me considering a detox as the seasons change. Whether you’re following my liver-cleansing Detox Plan or tackling my 14 Day Slim Down Meal Plan, this is a perfectly healthy cleansing dinner.
On tonight’s menu?
- Starter: Zucchini Soup
- Main Dish: Herb Crusted Salmon with Sauteed Bok Choy & Broccoli
- Side Dish: Fennel and Cucumber Salad
- Healthy Dessert: Berry Bliss
- 6 zucchinis, sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 3 tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 3 chicken stock cubes
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- handful parsley, chopped
- Himalayan salt and ground pepper, to season
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan (optional)
- In a large soup pot, fry the leeks with olive oil until they are soft but not brown. Add the zucchinis, chili flakes, cumin, salt and pepper and cook through for about 5 minutes.
- Add stock cubes and enough water to cover the vegetables, then bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 1 1/2 hours, then add any extra seasoning to taste.
- Using either a hand-held mixer or food processor, blend the soup until it’s smooth and creamy.
- To serve, sprinkle chopped parsley, crushed walnuts and grated Parmesan on top.
Herb-Crusted Salmon with Sauteed Bok Choy and Broccoli
- 2 fillets salmon, bones removed and skin left on
- 1 tbsp each fresh dill, parsley and coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- juice of 1 lemon
- Himalayan pink rock salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 head broccoli
- 2 cups bok choy, chopped
- Preheat over to 200 degrees C.
- In a bowl, mix herbs with oil, salt and pepper.
- On a large baking dish, lay a sheet of baking paper and then place the salmon fillets skin-side down.
- Spread the mixture over the salmon and sprinkle the tamari over both fillets.
- Bake the salmon fillets for 15 minutes, watching they don’t burn.
- Once cooked, take the salmon fillets out of the oven and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Sautee broccoli and bok choy in a bit of sesame oil with a touch of tamari, garlic and ginger. Top with salmon.
Fennel and Cucumber Salad
Finely slice 1 bulb fennel and 1 cucumber. To make dressing, whisk 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/3 cup white wine vinegar, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, juice of 1/2 lemon, pinch of stevia.
Instructions: Top one cup of berries with a sprinkle of cinnamon and desiccated coconut. If you’re on a weight loss journey, consider replacing this with a homemade chai latte: Combine chai tea with frothed milk, a couple drops of vanilla stevia and cinnamon.