After an incredible trip to the US – with impeccably prepared meals at some of my favourite restaurants – I’m actually quite excited to be back in the kitchen! A nourishing home-cooked meal is such a blessing, and I find so much pleasure in creating unique, healthy dishes. I’m inspired after my travels, and one of my first stops when returning home is the market so that I can stock up on my clean pantry staples and fridge essentials. I discuss these items and how to incorporate the in some of my favourite recipes in more detail in the Clean Life, but I wanted to give you a sneak peek of what you can always find stocked in my pantry and fridge.
- Grains: quinoa, organic gluten-free rolled oats, amaranth
- Gluten-free pasta: konjac, soba or black bean noodles
- Bottled tomatoes
- A jar of almond butter
- Virgin olive oil and coconut oil
- LSA mix (ground linseed, sunflower and almond meal)
- Activated or raw nuts and seeds
- Apple cider vinegar
- Almond meal and coconut flour for baking
- Raw honey and maple syrup
- Herbs: mint, parsley, coriander, rosemary and basil
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cumin, paprika, turmeric, fennel seeds, chili flakes, garlic and ginger
- Herbal teas – chamomile and rooibos chai are my favorites!
- Almond milk – a sugar-free brand or I make my own
- A jar of natural, gluten-free and sugar-free muesli
- Superfoods: cacao, bee pollen, maca powder, goji berries, chia seeds
- Greens: kale, spinach, rocket, cos lettuce, avocados, silverbeet, zucchinis, broccoli and sprouts
- Green apples
- Organic Dijon mustard
- Flaxseed oil – for salad dressings and smoothies
- Organic Greek yoghurt (no added sugar)
- Fermented veggies – amazing for gut health!
- Clean and natural whey protein powder
- Fresh dates
- Ezekial bread or my gluten-free loaf
- My clean salad dressing, made up of apple cider vinegar, Dijon mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, Himalayan salt, tamari and a drop of maple syrup. I made a big batch to last the week – and will be using it on the salads I pack for lunch on clinic days!
Too easy! x
Pssssst. You can now pay week-by-week for the JSHealth Program – only $18.63 a week! – click here