What’s so good about this bread?
It’s free of refined sugars, white flours, salt and saturated fats, which are present in the traditional version!
It’s a great source of potassium, an essential mineral for maintaining normal blood pressure and heart function.
Perfect for the kiddies school lunch or afternoon tea! They will not know the difference! You can freeze it so its ready when you need it!
I have been topping my pieces with almond butter or peanut butter….yum!
JSHealth Signature Banana Bread
Makes: 1 loaf
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup LSA mix/ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 2-3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 organic, free-range eggs
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup/raw honey
- Preheat oven to 160°.
- Place all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Combine wet ingredients, either mixing them by hand or processing in a food processor/blender.
- Slowly add the wet mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Lightly oil a loaf tin with some coconut oil, then line with baking paper.
- Spoon batter into the tin and bake for 45-60 minutes until golden and cooked through – insert a skewer to test, it should come out dry.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and allow it to cool in tin.
- When cool, turn tin upside down and remove loaf. Slice loaf into 12 slices.
- I have decorated the top of my banana bread (before baking) with some sliced banana and a light sprinkle of cinnamon.