1. Upon rising – lemon water/apple cider vinegar for alkalinity and awakening our digestion.
2. Eat 3 meals a day with 2 snacks in between- to keep the metabolism moving and sugar stabilisation.
3. Protein at each meal- especially in the morning! Most people are not doing this! Egg based breakfast or protein smoothies are best!
4. Water- 2-3 litres a day.
5. 30 mins of sun daily for vitamin D- best to expose the stomach to sun. Research shows that low vitamin D is linked to weight problems.
6. Exercise- walk for 30 minutes a day or interval training 2-3 x/week. Always good to include weight training- by exercising more muscle we trigger the fat burning hormones and speed up the metabolism. Learn to love Pilates and yoga- can never do enough of these. Always good to keep moving BUT not to the point of straining the body (to avoid body stress and high cortisol levels that promotes fat storage).
7. Portion control- must sit down with a balanced plate of food . Each meal should include all of our macro nutrients: Plate should look like this: 1/4 protein, 1/4 carbohydrates and 1/2 veg.
Exception: NO carbohydrates after 3pm when trying to lose weight.
Mindful eating is key- sit, chew and enjoy your food. Allow for rest and digest after each meal.
8. NO more artificial sweeteners/diet soda- they create toxic build up and mess with our hormones (insulin!).
9. Supplements for weight loss:
- Good quality Multi vitamin- must be high in the B vitamins.
- Omega 3- fish oil.
- Probiotic- morning and night.
- L Carnitine – before training/exercise.
10. SLEEP- 8 hours a night. Research shows that good sleep will assist weight loss by regulating our appetite hormones.