Our skin is the largest organ in the human body, and serves so many purposes – it acts as our first line of defence against harmful exposure from the external environment, minimises fluid loss and protects everything that’s on the inside.
Nourishing your skin from the inside will always show on the outside! Providing your body with the right nutrients can make all the difference to skin strength, texture, hydration and glow!
Here are my favourite foods to boost skin health:
- Oily Fish, e.g. sardines, anchovies, salmon, tuna: These are full of Omega-3 fatty acids (the good fats!) which are responsible for the health of our skin at a cellular level. A healthy cell membrane = softer, smoother, hydrated and dewy skin!
- Avocado: Such an amazing source of fatty acids which help guard the skin against sun damage and inflammation. Plus avocados are a great source of antioxidants, like carotenoids, which improve the elasticity of your skin, Vitamin C, which is vital for collagen formation, and vitamin E, which protects against free radicals.
- Pumpkin Seeds: Packed with zinc, which protects skin from free-radical damage, sun exposure and infection. Zinc assists in cell renewal, helping to heal and rejuvenate cuts and wounds, controls acne flare-ups and gives your skin a glow!
- Red Capsicum: They have high levels of Vitamin C, which is essential for skin protection against sun. It helps to protect any damage to collagen.
- Goji Berries: Are antioxidant, reduce inflammation, promote even skin tone, have anti-aging properties and reduce the appearance of scars.
The Best JSHealth Skin Boosting Recipes: