Hard to find a good quality protein bar that is free from the artificial junk that messes with our health! Most protein bars are packed with soy, sugar alcohols, artificial sweeteners, additives and preservatives. Scary! So make your own! 🙂
I always recommend snacks that are protein rich to keep blood sugar levels stable- the key to good health and weight management. So learn to make your own healthy and clean version below…
Makes- 10/15 bar slices
- 1/2 cup lsa mix (linseed, almond, sunflower meal)/ Almond meal/Linseed meal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats ( or quinoa flakes)
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup psyllium husk
- 1/4 cup mixed seeds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup natural protein powder- whey/rice/pea ( optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts/almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp almond butter/peanut butter
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup stevia/maple syrup/rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
Add the wet to the dry!
Line an 8-inch square pan with baking paper that is greased (sprayed with olive oil).
Scoop batter onto pan. Press down and spread batter evenly.
Bake in the oven 180 degrees for 20-25 mins.
Allow to cool. Slice into bars!
Refrigerate for up to a week.
Easy. Nutritious. Delicious.