This granola ticks all the boxes. Dairy-free, gluten-free, refined-sugar free and so simple you barely need a recipe! Make up a big batch and enjoy for a weight-balancing breakfast, a satiating snack or guilt-free dessert!
All you need is:
- 2 cups of mixed nuts, seeds, coconut flakes or buckinis. You can do a mixture of any of these – just make sure it’s enough to make 2 cups.
- 1/2 cup optional grain: rolled oats or quinoa flakes (or omit for a grain free, paleo version)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp. of sweetener (maple syrup, rice malt syrup, raw honey or mashed banana)
- Pinch or two of Himalayan sea salt
- Additional spices (see below for some delicious options!)
Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl until coated, add any additional spices (see below), and spread out over a baking tray. Place the granola in an oven at 160° for 15-20 minutes, until golden. Leave to cool and enjoy with your choice of milk, fresh fruit or yoghurt!
Some of my favourite variations:
Cinnamon Scroll: Add 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla extract to the mix.
Pecan & Date: Add an additional 1/2 cup of chopped pecans before cooking. Mix through 1/2 cup chopped dates to the cooked granola.
Pumpkin Spice: Add 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp ground nutmeg and 1 tsp ground allspice.