This granola ticks all the boxes: it’s dairy-free, gluten-free, refined-sugar free and so simple to make. Whip up a big batch and enjoy it as a weight-balancing breakfast, a satiating snack or guilt-free dessert.
- 2 cups of mixed nuts (seeds, coconut flakes or buckinis work)
- 1/2 cup grains (rolled oats or quinoa flakes)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp of sweetener (maple syrup, rice malt syrup, raw honey or mashed banana)
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Spices (see below for some delicious options!)
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until they’re coated with coconut oil. Add any additional spices and spread the granola evenly on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place the tray in the oven at 160°C and allow the granola to roast for 15-20 minutes or until it’s lightly golden. Allow it to cool and enjoy it with your choice of milk or yoghurt and fresh fruit.
Some of my favourite flavour options are:
- Cinnamon scroll: Add 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon and 1 tsp vanilla extract to the mix.
- Pecan & date: Add an additional 1/2 cup of chopped pecans before cooking. Mix through 1/2 cup chopped dates to the cooked granola.
- Pumpkin spice: Add 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, 1 tsp ground ginger, 1 tsp ground nutmeg and 1 tsp ground allspice.