Dessert for breakfast!? I think yes! Seriously tastes so decadent – and it’s sugar-free, dairy-free and vegan!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (almond, coconut, dairy etc.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 1 tsp rice malt/maple syrup
- 1 tbsp hazelnut butter (or other nut butter)
- Add rolled oats, milk and water to a pot and bring to boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer until the grains are soft (approximately 10-12 minutes).
- To make the Nutella sauce; melt the coconut oil in a separate pot and whisk in cacao, rice malt/maple syrup and nut butter until combined.
- Spoon oats into a bowl, top with Nutella sauce and chopped Crunchy Cinnamon Hazelnuts (see below)
To make a batch of Crunchy Cinnamon Hazelnuts:
Preheat oven to 180°. Combine 1 cup chopped hazelnuts with 2 tsp coconut oil (melted), 1 tsp maple syrup and 1 tsp of ground cinnamon in a bowl. Spread over a lined baking tray and place in oven for 10-12 minutes, tossing half way through. Remove from oven when golden, allow to cool. Enjoy on top of smoothies, oats or with berries for a satiating snack xo
You can find this style of plate from GT Homewares.