You know those days where you just criticise your body until you hating on yourself. You feel you can hardly control the thoughts that are flooding into your head. I really get you.
You see a photo or yourself in the mirror and you can’t help but not feel good enough. Far from good enough, in fact.
I believe having heavy thoughts actually leads to a heavier body. So what’s the point? We need to feel light within our own bodies.
It creates so much stress within the body to constantly criticise your own body.
The below tips really calm my mind down when I am having a bad body moment.
- Meditate for 10 minutes. Close your eyes. Focus on you breathe and simply feel goodness flowing through your body.
- Go straight to your gratitude journal and write down 3 things you love about yourself and your body.
- Practice yoga ASAP
- When a negative thought comes – replace it with a lite thought. Example: swap “you look fat and puffy”, with “I am light. I trust my body”. Breathe in. close your eyes. Visualise your light body and exhale. Breathe out the negative thoughts and feel the relief.
- When a negative thought comes in – tell yourself it’s adding heaviness to your body – that should motivate the negative thought to stop.
- Remember, that thinking about it less will help your body heal. The more I thought and obsessed about food, the heavier I got.
- Jump into the pool/ocean if you can to clear your mind.
- Focus on what matters. Your health. Not how perfect your body looks. There are sick people in the world. If you have your health, you have everything. This is what I remind myself of and it jolts me out of my bad body moment immediately.
My 8 week online program contains all the guidance you need to giving up dieting and guilty eating for life. There are thousands of people who have never looked back by following the JSHealth way.