Hi JS Fam! As you know we are about to start our annual Reset Challenge for the next 2 weeks to kickstart 2021 on a wholesome and energised note.
This challenge is designed to help you reboot your system for better energy, deeper sleep, stress relief and to nourish your relationship with food. Below is an easy and simple guideline to use as a reference throughout the challenge.
So excited to do this together!
Love Jess xo
We’ve put together a special Meal Plan for you to follow during the Reset Challenge. Head to Meal Plan and Recipes sections within the App. There is also a Shopping List Tool to help you get prepping!
We will also feature one of these recipes each day in the challenge. If you don’t have time to make them all you can follow along with us for that and complete the menu with your own choice of fast and healthy creations.
In summary, here are the nutritional recommendations to refer to throughout the 2 weeks of the challenge.
- Greens – at every meal
- Veggie-based green juices and green soups! See Recipes here or in the App.
- Gluten-free grains – e.g. brown rice, gluten-free oats, quinoa and buckwheat
- White fish and salmon – 2-3 times per week
- Organic chicken and eggs
- Legumes – e.g. beans, lentils and chickpeas
- Fruits – e.g. berries, lemon, green apples, grapefruit, papaya
- Root vegetables – e.g. potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, beetroot, parsnip
- Nut milks
- Oils – e.g. extra virgin olive oil
- All herbs and spices – the more, the merrier! Parsley, turmeric and coriander are the most cleansing of the lot.
- Wholesome condiments – e.g. lemon juice, Dijon mustard, tahini, tamari
- Pea or rice protein powder
- Water, water, water! 2-2.5L per day
- Herbal teas
- Dandelion root tea – especially if you’re having caffeine withdrawals
- Lemon and ginger water
- Coconut water
- Caffeine – limit to one cup of coffee per day before 11am.
- Alcohol – for the duration of challenge
- Refined sugar and artificial sweeteners
- Red meat – aim for organic and grass-fed
- Soda and soft drinks
- Gluten and dairy – if sensitive
- Trans fats – found in vegetable oils as well as processed and deep-fried foods.
VITAMINS – THE RESET KIT
Each day we will share a new workout to complete in the JSHealth App created by Australia’s top trainers. You can also double up and do 2x workouts each day for an extra challenge. The aim is to move your body for 10-20 minutes of focused exercise daily to reap the body and mind benefits!
If you do not have the App, simply commit to moving your body for just 10-20 minutes a day in your favourite way!
Our incredible teacher Angelina, has provided us with some beautiful new meditations that focus on body love and mindful eating – they are located within the YOU section in the App.
Our nutritionists are always here for you! Ask all your burning health and nutrition questions and get expert support throughout the Reset Challenge in the Clinic Forum of the App.