Believe it or not, indulging is good for you – so long as it’s not all the time! This approach will heal your relationship with food, and bring a sense of balance and satisfaction to your life. While I firmly believe in indulging in a quality treat from time to time, there are wonderfully healthy ways to satisfy a sweet tooth as well.
Some of my favourite treats – I’ll be sharing even more ideas and recipes in the Clean Life, out soon!
• 2-3 squares quality 85% dark chocolate
• 1 cup Greek yoghurt mixed with stevia, cacao and cinnamon – freeze for half an hour to make chocolate frozen yoghurt
• Raw chocolate mousse
• 1-2 dates filled with almond butter and raw nuts
• 1 bliss ball
• Rooibos chai tea with almond milk
• Cinnamon bananas – sauté 1/2 banana with cinnamon, maple syrup/stevia and coconut in a pan, top with mixed nuts, cacao nibs or shredded coconut
• Homemade hot chocolate with cacao powder
• 5 cut-up strawberries with 1 Tbsp. homemade Nutella
• 1 slice of my gluten-free banana bread