It is a very important part of my healthy lifestyle to ensure I always have access to healthy snack options. I think this is where a lot of people fall short- they get hungry and cannot get their hands on anything healthy. You can read more about my thoughts on snacks here. So they reach for anything and sometimes everything! I love using Nuzest protein – because it’s so clean, all natural and tastes amazing in all my recipes!
I choose Sundays to prepare my snacks so they are ready for the week. I refrigerate and freeze anything I need to.
Some yummy options:
- The Craving Buster: 1 scoop Nuzest protein mixed with 1/4 cup almond milk, 1 tsp cinnamon, few vanilla stevia drops with a handful of clean granola – mix together and top with 1 heaped tbsp Greek yoghurt.
- Handful (1/4 cup) of raw nuts and seeds (activated if possible)
- Dates stuffed with almond butter/raw almonds/raw seeds.
- Protein shake made with 1 fresh egg or whey/pea/rice protein
- My Homemade Froyo
- Cut up Veggies with carrot dip/hummus
- 1 boiled egg with 1 low GI fruit e.g. berries/apple/pear
- Nori sheets with hummus and cut up veggies and avocado with a drizzle of tamari sauce (like homemade sushi!)
- Lettuce cup with cut up vegies, tahini and seeds.
- Apple slices smeared with 1 tbsp. almond butter
- Homemade protein bar
- Choc cinnamon milkshake
- Paleo protein muffin
- Protein ball or walnut brownie balls
- Kale chips with a tahini dipping sauce ( 1 tbsp tahini, juice of 1/2 lemon. Tsp maple syrup).
- Grated carrot with drizzle of lemon and Himalayan salt- amazing liver cleanser.
- A banana, date and walnut muffin – one of JSHealth’s most popular recipes ever!
- Baked cinnamon apples
- 1/2 banana with 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt, drizzle of maple syrup, cinnamon + tbsp. seeds.
- 3-4 tbsp cottage cheese with 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp raw honey and some raw nuts/seeds.