Sometimes our bodies need some restarting! And Spring is the perfect time to do it!
Once your body is free of all the Winter sludge that is weighing it down, it will be able to perform at its optimum level.
You will think better, feel better, look better, burn fat more easily, and be able to listen to the real needs of your own body.
With out further ado, here are my top 10 restart tips for a healthy and happier you!
- Enjoy apple cider vinegar before each meal. Place 1 tablespoon into water to fire digestive juices
- Use cleansing herbs and spices in cooking – garlic, turmeric, ginger, cayenne pepper, parsley
- Cut out alcohol, caffeine, dairy, wheat and sugar for 7-10 days
- Use a dry body brush to encourage circulation and lymphatic drainage, which gets rid of cellulite and plumps up the skin!
- Eat brassica veggies such as brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale – they contain an enzyme that supports liver detoxification
- Swap coffee to green tea
- Get excited about herbal tea variations
- Swap sugar/sweetner to stevia
- Take an Epsom salt bath – Epsom salts are made up of magnesium, which works to relax and soothe your muscles
- Enjoy a fresh green juice daily/green wholefood powder – I use Synergy Natural.
Always remember….a healthy mind is just as important as a healthy body!
– Have a cold shower
– Meditate daily
– Practice yoga
– Deep belly breathes
– Write in a gratitude journal
– Solitude for some time everyday
– 30 mins of rest daily
– Walk in nature
– Avoid your phone/computer for some part of each day
– Clean out your room/cupboard
– Swim in the ocean for a cleanse
Hungry for some more tips? Try my JSHealth Restart Plan. Including a cleansing shopping list, list of detox friendly foods + foods to avoid, a 4 week detox meal plan, healthy cooking instructions, appropriate recipes and links, detox and lifestyle tips and supplements suggestions!