I love making bliss balls to keep as a satiating afternoon snack – ensuring stable blood sugar levels and maintained energy all the way until dinner. These matcha bliss balls are the perfect 4pm indulgence with antioxidant-filled matcha and healthy fats that’ll make you glow from the inside out!
5-Ingredient Matcha Bliss Balls
Makes: 8 bliss balls
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 heaped tbsp desiccated coconut, plus extra for rolling
- 1-2 tsp matcha powder, I love Matcha Maiden
- 5 dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 3-4 tbsp filtered water
- Add almond meal, coconut oil, desiccated coconut, matcha powder and dates to a food processor.
- Process, gradually adding the filtered water, to make the mixture sticky but not wet, until well combined.
- Roll heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls. Sprinkle extra desiccated coconut on a large plate and roll each ball in coconut until covered. Sprinkle with a little extra matcha.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set. Refrigerate for up to 7 days in an airtight container.