To celebrate the launch of the JSHealth App which will be available to download tomorrow, 20 August, we decided to share a delicious new recipe exclusive. Here at JSHealth, we love brownies and believe they should play a part in a balanced diet. This new recipe is incredibly decadent and is guaranteed to be a crowd-pleaser amongst friends.
Makes: 8–10 serves
- 2 organic eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅓ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter, plus 1 tbsp to swirl
- ¼ cup maple or rice malt syrup
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ⅓ cup 85% dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 320°F. Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs until combined. Then add the coconut flour and raw cacao powder. Stir to combine.
- Add peanut butter, maple or rice malt syrup, almond milk and chia seeds and mix until just combined. Stir through chopped dark chocolate & raspberries.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the baking tin. Top with dollops of extra peanut butter and then run a knife through the dollops to create a swirl.
- Bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, or until you insert a skewer and it comes out clean.
- Remove the brownie from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Once slightly cooled, cut into brownie squares. Serve warm and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for 3–4 days.