Apple crumble is my absolute favourite dessert to make during the colder months. It’s so comforting, easy to make and it’s a great way to get an extra dose of nutrients after dinner. Serve it with a dollop of Greek yoghurt or a scoop of coconut ice-cream for an extra treat. It’s guaranteed to be a crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
Apple, macadamia & coconut crumble
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup macadamias
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 apples, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup organic orange or apple juice
- Greek yoghurt or coconut ice-cream, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- To make the crumble topping add rolled oats, shredded coconut, half of the macadamias, cinnamon, maple syrup and coconut oil to a food processor. Process until combined, it should stick together.
- Roughly chop the remaining macadamias and add to the crumble mix.
- Place chopped apple in a medium-sized ovenproof dish and pour orange or apple juice over apples.
- Spoon the crumble mixture over the apple and place the dish on a large baking tray. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the crumble topping is golden and apples are soft.
- Serve with Greek yoghurt or coconut ice-cream.
For more nutritious and delicious recipes, check out the 8-week Program!