Healthy (Sugar Free) Banana, Date & Walnut Muffins
Gluten-free and paleo friendly… the perfect healthy treat!!
These would be a great addition to your kids school lunch box or a warmed up afternoon tea snack! Put a dollop of almond butter or ricotta cheese on top for the protein and fat boost…delicious!
Makes 10-12 muffins
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped/crushed
- pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven on bake to 180 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine almond meal, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a food processor, combine dates, bananas, eggs and oil.
- Add mixture from food processor to dry mixture in the large bowl and combine thoroughly.
- Fold in nuts.
- Spoon mixture into paper lined muffin tins.
- Top with chia seeds and banana slices
- Bake for 25 minutes.