Mother’s Day just got a whole lot sweeter with these fluffy banana pancakes. They’re super easy to whip up, contain only a few ingredients and are absolutely delicious. Top them with fresh fruit, a drizzle of maple syrup, some walnuts and voilà, a perfect breakfast in bed for your mum (or yourself!).
Oat, Banana & Cinnamon Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil, for frying
For the topping (optional)
- sliced banana, fresh berries, maple syrup, walnuts or shredded coconut
- In a bowl, whisk the 2 eggs and add your milk of choice, stirring until just combined. Mix in the mashed banana.
- In a separate bowl, combine the oat flour, baking powder, chia seeds, salt and cinnamon. Make a well in the centre of the dry mixture. Now, add the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Head a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and melt the coconut oil.
- Add 2 tbsp of mixture to the pan at a time, cooking each side until golden.
- Once you’ve made your pancake stack, top with fresh fruit, drizzle over maple syrup and enjoy.
For more nutritious and delicious recipes just like this, try our 8-week Online Program!