Berries are such nutritional powerhouses, plus they have a beautifully sweet but tart taste, making them the perfect filling for a healthy crumble. As seen on TODAY.
Berry & Almond Crumble
For the filling:
- 700 g organic frozen mixed berries
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
For the crumble:
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup roughly chopped almonds
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp LSA
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp virgin organic coconut oil, melted
- Coconut yoghurt, coconut ice-cream or vanilla bean yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C or 350°F.
- Place the berries in a pie dish. Add the lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon and gently stir to combine.
- To make the crumble, combine the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until they’re combined.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the berries and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes or until the fruit is tender and the topping is golden.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut yoghurt, coconut ice-cream or vanilla bean yoghurt.
The berries can be replaced with sliced green apples. The oats can be replaced with quinoa flakes if gluten-free oats are unavailable.
You can find this recipe and over 250 other ideas in the JSHealth App, along with access to our unique in-app messaging system where you can text a Nutritionist in the JSHealth Clinic. You can download the app on iTunes, for the month of January, new users receive 50% off a yearly subscription or 50% off their first month!