My version is loaded with protein, fibre and good fats- the vital nutrients at breakfast time for blood sugar control.
Remove the yoghurt if you are lactose intolerant – the recipe will work fine.
Serves: 3-4 servings
- 1 cup rolled oats (organic is best)
- 1 cup water/milk for soaking. Traditional soaking is in juice -not necessary!
- 1 grated apple
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds/pumpkin seeds (or both)
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup goji berries/dried cranberries
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Handful strawberries/berries
- 1-2 tbs greek natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp raw honey/maple syrup/stevia (optional)
- Soak the oats over night in enough water/milk to cover the oats
- Mix the above ingredients together in a bowl – texture must be thick but smooth
- Top it with fresh mint, sprinkle of cinnamon and homemade granola
- Refrigerate for up to a week.