Whether you’re at school, university or work – there isn’t always time to make a nourishing breakfast first thing in the morning. This is a quick and easy recipe, perfect for all you busy bees, filled with some of my favourite superfoods and can be prepped the night before! Add some fresh fruit in the morning and you’ve got a delicious and healthy brekky to take with you wherever you go!
Some other great recipes you can throw in a jar:
- Breakfast Chia Pudding
- Overnight Chocolate Oats
- Brekky-To-Go-Go Smoothie
- My signature JS Health Granola with Greek Yoghurt
- Classic Bircher Muesli
Brekky to Go:
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1-2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk (optional)
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- 1-2 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- Optional add-ins: 2 tbsp raw nuts/seeds, 1/2 cup mixed berries or 1/2 sliced banana, 1 tbsp nut butter, tsp of cinnamon, handful of buckinis.
- Add oats, chia seeds, lemon juice and milk into a jar and mix until combined.
- Layer yoghurt on top of oat mixture and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add any optional topping/fresh fruit and you’re good to go!
- Remove the yoghurt if you are vegan or lactose-intolerant. The recipe will work just fine! Or add Coconut Yoghurt instead of Greek.