Take the edge off the last of the Winter chill and warm up your body with a nutrient dense breakfast, this porridge is the perfect one to do just that! Not to mention it’s perfectly decadent and entirely healthy! Peanut butter cravings… satisfied!
Cacao & Peanut Butter Porridge
- 1/2 cup organic or gluten-free oats
- 1 cup liquid (I like to use 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 filtered water)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp cacao powder
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/2 banana, 1 tbsp chopped nuts and a piece of dark chocolate (75-85% cacao, optional) to decorate
- Combine the oats and liquid in a saucepan and bring to the boil over high heat. Add cinnamon, cacao powder and a sprinkle of sea salt and stir.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, covered for 10-12 minutes or until the oats are soft.
- Spoon the oats into a bowl and top with peanut butter, banana, nuts and dark chocolate, if using.